In order to cope up with modern technology in the current financial market, WSACCO is introducing mobile banking services with an application called WAZAMobile. This will enable members access services conveniently from any location in Uganda, with mobile telephone network.
Under Phase one, members who have been registered under the pilot project can check for their balances, transfer money between WSACCO accounts and also get
Phase two will enable members access the following services;
• Balance inquires
• Mini statement
• Buying airti me
• Internet and data services
• Send to mobile wallet from WSACCO account
• Bills and other payments
• Pin change
Registrati on Requirements for WAZAMobile
• Army/Civilian number
• Date and place of birth
• Nati onality
• Postal and Residenti al addresses
• Date of entry in the army where applicable
• Military number/Passport Number/Nati onal ID number/Driving permit number
• Phone Number for mobile Banking registered with (MTN/Airtel) network
• Next of Kin and their contacts
• Wazalendo SACCO savings account
How to use WAZAMobile
Step1 USSD Code
Platf orm Name – Wazamobile
• Dial USSD Code: *288*250# – to get your fi rst ti me PIN. You will be required to change the PIN the next ti me you dial *288*250# by selecti ng Opti on 1.
• Use your fi rst ti me PIN as the old PIN, choose a new PIN and confi rm it.
• Aft er changing the PIN, Dial *288*250# any ti me you want to do transacti on.
Step 2 Using Smart Applicati on
• Download smart applicati on from Google Play Store – Go to Google Play Store and type Wazalendo. Select the App. and Click Install and accept.
• Aft er installing, Open the applicati on; Enter your phone number you registered for Wazamobile and click Start Acti vati on.
• You will get an acti vati on code by sms. Use it to acti vate your Device/Phone using the PIN chosen in Opti on 1.
• Aft er acti vati on, you will be availed with a Menu that has a long list of transacti ons. Under phase I, you can perform; Balance Inquiry, Mini Statement and Funds Transfer.
• In case of any problem, contact Wazalendo ICT department.